Saturday, September 30, 2017

Doubled in Weight

  As of the end of September, Emma has more than doubled her birth weight. She was 3 pounds, 3 ounces when she is was born and last night the nurse told us that she weighs 6 pounds, 9 ounces. We are so proud of this little baby. She is so strong and brave and I hope she knows that life will get a lot better and that it won't always be like this. We just have to figure some more stuff out and keep praying.
  In a couple of the pictures you may notice that I'm wearing a bikini top. I thought it would be better for Kangaroo Care (skin to skin) but this is one sweaty baby and she seemed to get uncomfortable when she got too warm. My mom visited about two weeks ago during that time and was able to slip a blanket between Emma little body and my arm and chest. She fell back asleep then. Once in a while she will try to figure out how to suck her thumb. I love watching her figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment