Friday, November 3, 2017

NICU Life in Photos

   There is a photo challenge going around on social media about posting seven black and white photos of your every day life, but it can’t be pictures of yourself or people you know. It’s supposed to be a week long challenge, but since it’s impossible for me to go that long without posting a picture of Emma (plus then I would be denying everyone else on Facebook pictures of Emma, and nobody wants that), I took all of my pictures in the same day. And then added a few more from other days that are NICU related, such as views out my window while driving to the hospital.
 The other night I wondered what advise my best friend Mia would give herself to stay positive if she was in our situation. She gave the uplifting words I was looking for, but then this song came on and it was great listening to the lyrics too.
"Be strong in the Lord and Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things, I already know,
God's got His hand on you so, Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget, But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray, These are the words I would say.."
   Another mom and dad had their baby outside and I saw that she had a G-tube too, so I asked if I could get a picture of everything together to see how it might be for us. I'm not sure if she would have all of that with her, but maybe. I can't really imagine pushing that around Disney Springs with us (and all the ventilator stuff) but we want to be able to take Emma around places. That baby did not have a trach.
   Emma joined in on the photo challenge too. Here are three pictures of what she sees and gets to “enjoy” every day. 
  How boring- ha!! But they have been giving her “pod time” where she gets to sit in the carpeted area where the nurses and doctors sit at the computers to document how the babies are doing. She seems to like that a lot since she gets to be closer to everyone and gets more attention, especially when she was dressed up as Baby Dorothy! The fourth picture was a photo challenge done by her guardian angel. Anytime Emma is looking up at the ceiling, I always ask her if she sees the angels. :)

And now here are more black and white artsy pictures that do include sweet baby and family faces!!
 Twins!! Emmy and Emma. Can you tell who is who? ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment