Monday, May 1, 2017

Emma's Story

This post was written by my husband:

   Welcome to Emma's Story.  My wife and I wanted to start this blog to share our story with those who are interested or want more information on similar cases with their children.  This will be talked about through the eyes of myself and my wife.  This is our experience and feelings with our beautiful little girl, Emma.

   I guess I'll start from the beginning with how we got here.  In October 2015 my wife, Rachel, came to me and said she wanted to start trying to have a baby.  At first I was a little hesitant but for Christmas that year I told her we would start trying.  We tried for a couple months and one day in March 2016 I woke up to Rachel saying she was pregnant. I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe that was real. We were so excited and couldn't wait to tell the family.  I told Rachel that I wanted to get the sonogram first before we told anyone.  We had already had one appointment and couldn't wait to see the first images of our little one.  About 8 weeks in Rachel started to have some cramping.  I told her that we needed to see what the doctors say.  They said it can happen from time to time and to not worry.  The next day I woke up to Rachel crying my name.  I jumped out of bed so fast to see what was wrong, but deep in my heart I knew what was wrong before I even got to the bathroom.  She had a miscarriage.  I held Rachel and told her things would be okay.  I took her away from the bathroom and we sat together on the couch and cried together.  It's not something that we ever wanted, but in some way I think it brought us closer together.  We later went to the doctor the next day and they confirmed it was a "clean" miscarriage.  We were both heart broken, but knew that for whatever reason God had allowed this to happen and that it was in His plan.  We took a few weeks to grieve and then talked about trying again.

   On October 26th Rachel told me she was pregnant.  I was so happy and couldn't believe it.  I will say I was a little hesitant to be too excited just because I knew how the last one went.  I just had to keep telling myself this one would be the one.  That this child would take and not leave us too soon.  We went to the doctors and they again confirmed she was pregnant.  It was a long time waiting around to see our baby on the sonogram.  I kept saying if we can just get past the 8 week mark we would be good.  Well 8 weeks came and went and she was still pregnant.  I started to relax a bit and started to get more and more excited.  November 2nd was the first time we saw our little baby in an ultrasound.  Still growing and looking beautiful even if it did look like a little bean.

   Our doctor appointments came and went and everything seemed to be going as planned.  We started to decorate the baby room.  I painted it and started to decorate it more of a neutral color and decided we would add pops of color to make it gender specific.  I surprised Rachel with brand new baby furniture we had looked at weeks prior.  We were so excited to get things together.  Then came the gender reveal.  We had been trying for months to find out what our baby was going to be.  The doctors said that our baby was probably shy and wouldn't show us the "goods."  Well, one day we walked in for another appointment.  I was expecting the usual, "We can't tell today.  Sorry."  But today was different.  The lady said it's a girl!!!!  We were so excited!!!  My little girl.  Just what we were secretly hoping for.  We could not wait to go and register for a baby girl.  We ran to the stores and started to register for all the beautiful baby girl stuff.  Slowly over time we started to piece together the baby room and all the clothes, equipment, and such.  Rachel and I decided to name our beautiful girl Emma McKenzie.  It was the perfect name for the perfect girl.  Everything was going normal, until one day Rachel went in for her routine appointment.   


*** I will be using this blog now to document everything Baby Emma related. If you would like to read and see things from our life before May 2017 when I was just having a regular healthy pregnacy, plus the 5 documented years before that, please visit my original blog: ☆ Wild Photography ☆.

No comments:

Post a Comment