Monday, February 18, 2019

Valentine's Day ♡

    On Valentine's Day (last Thursday) Emma and I had the day together, so of course a photoshoot had to be done. I even put make up on because I love getting Mommy/Emmy pictures together!! Michael bought and arranged the super beautiful bouquet of flowers on Tuesday night. He was smart and got them early before Publix had slim pickins! My mom sent the "cheeks to swoon over" outfit and other fun goodies in the photos. The white bear in the kissy lips photos is from my friend, Miriam. :)
   You can read about last year's Valentines Day *HERE* when we got glorious news and had one week left of a real winter while staying at CS Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
"He loves me.. he loves me not.. HE LOVES ME!!"
 Look at her sitting up with her straight leggies. She can definitely still bend them up and backwards, but she has been doing better with keeping them straight at times. Emma also got new, longer leg splints made recently (which I take off for photoshoots). Side note: I like the different Instagram edits because they make her outfit look different colors ~purple at the top and red below VS the regular pink.
 Can't let Sasha feel left out! She keeps close to us when we are around Emma, as if to say, "Don't forget that I'm here too!"I love Emma's water spout ponytail compared to the ponyloop I usually do.
   Emma has been acting more child-like lately, and less like a baby, but that makes sense considering she is 1 year and 8 months old! The night of Valentine's Day she showed off her "child side" when she was in her portable bathtub in her room. She has started splashing her hand in the water, getting a bunch of water on the carpet. I gently held her arm down, so she started kicking her leg instead! She has been doing "crunches" for a couple weeks during trach care, where she lifts her head and her legs up so her stomach gets tight. She always laughs about it and Michael thinks she is trying to sit up on her own, but she never makes it farther than a crunch (so far)! She usually does about 3 in a row. And this morning during physical therapy with Grace and Lara she was doing a nose scrunch a lot of times. It reminded me of a bunny or like when someone is trying to get a sneeze to go away. Maybe she was trying to keep her glasses on her nose? I was thinking I would love to write a post called "Her New Thing" about all the new things Emma learns or starts doing, but I don't usually write them all down with the date and just hope that I remember to blog about them later. I definitely want to post blogs with all her hilarious kid quotes, whenever she starts talking in sentences later on in life. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment