Monday, September 16, 2019

Meeting More Friends & Family


A few months ago I saw on Facebook that my friend Ryan (BFF from Full Sail and one of my bridesmaids) was tagged in a photo that said it was taken near a beach only about 2 ½ hours South of us! I quickly sent her a message asking how long she would be in town and saying we would love to see her and have her meet Emma. A few weeks later she asked if I was free the next day. I was bummed to tell her that I was working. But within 5 seconds told her to come anyway since I could still hang out with her from 7pm-midnight after work. She and her husband, Ben, tour the county with the Marvel Universe Live show, so I never know when we will be able to see her again. The last time we saw her was New Year’s Day 2017. It’s been even longer since we got to hang out with Ben, who we also knew through most of our time at Full Sail. 
We ordered pizza after Ryan arrived and asked lots of questions about each other’s lives, laughing loud as we always do, and feeling like it hadn’t been that long since we last hung out. She loved playing with Emma and even read one of the library books to her after trach care. At least 3 times during her visit, while playing with Emma, she said, “Oh gosh. This is really making me want a baby right now.” She had to leave again early the next morning, but it was really great seeing her for four or five hours than not at all!
 ^^ recent photo vs us on the first day of 2017! (I was 14 weeks pregnant.)

❀ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ❀

           My cousin Abby and Aunt Sue Ann had also been trying to schedule a time to come visit and meet Emma. Since they live in Indiana, they talked about visiting us while Emma was doing better in February 2018 when we were up in Michigan for Emma’s surgery. But we ended up getting to fly back to Florida earlier than expected, a few days before Abby and Aunt Sue Ann had planned to visit. So the 
last time I had previously seen them was in March 2017, when I was six months pregnant.
I continued sending Abby the dates for my weekends off each month, starting with February of this year, and finally the last weekend of July worked for everyone! Originally they were planning to stay at our house for the weekend, but then Uncle Tim (my mom’s brother) also wanted to come, so my parents suggested they stay at a nice resort about 30 minutes from our house. They came to our house and we all took Emma for a wagon ride around the neighborhood. They stayed until around 9pm so they could watch us do Emma’s nightly treatments and trach care.
I was able to visit them that Saturday at the resort and we spent time by the pool. Michael stayed home with Emma until we all went out to dinner. This was my parent’s very first time at dinner (or out in public at all?!) with Emma, although Michael’s parent’s had been out and about with her several times before. Abby came home with us after dinner and spent the night at our house so Michael and I could spend more time with us and she could play with Emma more. I usually request that everyone who visits read her a book and I haven’t had any rejections yet! Aunt Sue and Uncle Tim came by again for a little bit on Sunday afternoon before they all had to fly back. 
I love getting to add to the imaginary list of names of all the people who have been able to meet Emma so far. She’ll be meeting even more family members when we take her to Birmingham in December. I am very excited about that!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment