Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Pool Party with Grammy

 The day after I was doing the new occupational therapy games with Emma, which I was just talking about in the last post, my mom was able to come down and visit again (October 27th)! She never comes empty handed, so we had another yummy lunch of chicken pesto wrap, which not only fed me, but also helped feed the orphans. Hooray for charity donations! 


Grammy hugs!!



My mom read a couple Halloween books to Emma, including one or two that I got from the library and another that I had recently bought from Amazon that was recommended called "Room on the Broom".
Then it was time for the pool party!! 





As a joke I was trying to recreate this photo of my cousin Jessica and her kids, although I had to use toys in place of extra children since I only have one kid, and because I waited three months to do it (her photo was from July) she didn't notice my effort until I specifically told her about it the other day on her birthday. I even copied her exact Instagram caption! Oh well. 











I love these!! And I love how, even though she can't talk yet (and we don't know when she will be able to), she has the ability to express herself. And I love that she is so silly and laughs a lot, even to herself. 














 Matching sweaters that I got for us, as part of her early birthday present!

  Note: my mom representing Blood Widow!! So another way Emma was able to communicate without being able to talk- being crabby about not wanting to get her hands in the paint and we figured we wouldn't be able to make fun spiders like I saw on Pinterest, so we just did a paint sensory thing instead. Of course, right after Halloween, Pinterest showed me a much easier spider craft of simply tracing the child's hand instead. Where was that all of October, huh, Pinterest!?



  I was able to find a couple non-paint related crafts for Thanksgiving that we have already made. We are very much looking forward to having Grammy and Grandpa celebrating with us this year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment