Sunday, April 3, 2022

Our Past Two Christmases

 Christmas 2020 in Orlando:

I feel like on these types of posts, it is all about the pictures, so there isn't really much that I have to say. We got lots of presents and it was a great day! We used Michael's laptop to video chat with Michael's mom and grandma since we opened presents in the morning and they did their celebration with other family members later in the day. I really liked being able to talk to them and show them each gift we got, whether it was from them, or someone else. It made it kind of feel like we were together.





---------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas 2021 in Sarasota:

On Christmas Eve, I looked up and found a light walk trail in downtown Sarasota. We almost didn't find it because nobody was there! The whole parking lot was empty except for one truck. Luckily, Michael knew where we were going and they had a ramp for Emma's stroller. These was a sidewalk where many trees were wrapped in white lights. It was really nice. Nothing with Christmas music like I imagined, but still better than nothing, and it was good that it wasn't busy at all so we didn't have to wear masks.




  Our wonderful Christmas morning, from a little over three months ago!! Michael's mom and Grandma did join us again, via video chat, but I forgot to get a picture of that. We had to use a small screen this time- my phone, since our 2009 MacBooks from Full Sail (film school college) are kaput- and then Michael took the pictures of us opening presents on his phone. So the only picture I got of them watching us was in a tiny Polaroid picture, haha.


^^ a trach shirt from my mom that says
"I'm the strong, silent type"



  We're really looking forward to this Christmas, at the end of 2022, and finding new ways to decorate. We will have a hood over the stove and I like when I see women on YouTube put a wreath on that. Our house that is being built has two stories and Michael already bought a second faux tree for the second floor, which I will get to decorate myself. I bought a bunch of pretty handmade ornaments off Etsy at the end of the year. He has a flocked tree for the main floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment