Thursday, November 28, 2019

A Great, Busy Monday

   Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, and the therapists not working on Thursday, they were all available on Monday. I don't think she has ever had all three therapies on one day, but she did on Monday. Speech at 11, Occupational Therapy at 11:45, and Physical Therapy at 1:15.  Our Pulmonology NP said she wanted Emma to start sprinting three times a day instead of two, so I had her sprinting during Speech and OT, then gave her an hour break so she was plugged back in (#robotbaby), then sprinted her again for PT.
   Emma has not yet gotten used to having a new Speech therapist (Erica) for feedings and she keeps putting her hands in front of her face or grabbing the spoon and trying to throw it on the floor. The Monday before she even did her fake sleeping thing that we have seen a few times!! 
   During OT Emma kept doing a silly thing where she would grab the car toy and put it behind her so it landed on her back, then Lisa (the therapist) would roll the car up and down her back, making the "neeow, neeow" driving sounds, which made Emma laugh.
   Emma and I went for a super nice walk around the neighborhood for maybe an hour as the temperature dropped from 65-61 and the sky had the prettiest sunset clouds!
   I was sure she would take a nap after physical therapy, but I guess she got her second wind and stayed awake even after the walk, so I did her third sprint then. She didn't fall asleep until 10pm, but that's normal for her since we do treatments and trach care around 9pm.
   I wanted to quickly put together this post because I did another "day in the life" documentation the other day, that I will post when I get a chance, and I have a total of 55 photos for that post (some are collage photos too, so there are probably at least 90 actual pictures that will be in that post!!) and I didn't want to also add these ten from Monday. So they got their own post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment