Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

  It is with great honor that Michael and I are able to announce the birth of our daughter!! Emma McKenzie Gore was born on Monday, June 12th at 12:51pm weighing a thankful 3 pounds, 3 ounces (1450 grams) and measuring 15 inches long. She has what may be an undiagnosed hip dysplasia, but that is something the pediatric geneticist and orthopedist will work on in the later weeks with possible casting and physical therapy. We think she has Michael's nose, my chubby cheeks, and our dog's black hair. Ha! I am also surprised by how tan her skin tone is.
   Michael and I are back home now as I got discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon, but I definitely cried when I got home because I wanted Emma to be there with us. But the most important thing is that she is alive and well, and we didn't come home "empty handed" like we were told we might last month. Her being hooked up to tubes and working on her breathing is a very good thing and we just have to be patient until we can hold her in our arms and keep her forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment