Monday, June 5, 2017

Maternity Photos ~ 36 Weeks

  On Tuesday of last week I was called and notified of Emma's scheduled birthday/ my C-section appointment. I sent the date to all my friends and family so they could mark the joyous occasion on their calendars forever. It shouldn't be too hard to remember since it's the day after my birthday! ;) My friend Miriam texted came over yesterday at 1:30 with her camera bag (she has a Canon T3i) and goodies for baby Emma.
   We took pictures on a dock in one of the neighborhoods behind us, then changed outfits for pictures on the trail near our house, and a few in Emma's room with Sasha. The pictures turned out so great and I'm really glad we have those now! She took a total of about 240 and I've narrowed down to my 29 favorites:
   I feel like the beginning of photo shoots are always a bit more stiff and awkward feeling, so on our short drive to the trail I pulled up my Pinterest account with maternity poses and such to give us different ideas of how to stand. But it also could have been because the second outfit was more comfortable than wearing the dress. Miriam also said she was going to shoot faster, causing us to move around more and then we started getting silly, which helped loosen us up too.
 ^^ Probably my favorite picture from the day. It is currently my phone wallpaper! :)
 ^^ I told Michael, "If we could have one picture to define our relationship, this would be it."
  Michael finished converting Emma's closet into the changing area last night during a few more errands, and I was very thankful that he kept a section for me to hang up some of her clothes. We might have to buy some preemie pieces (and diapers!) in a couple weeks before we bring her home, especially if she only weighs four pounds then.
   The past few days between getting everything organized for the closet and me cutting tags off of all Emma's outfits, hanging up the smaller pieces, and putting the bigger sizes in drawers, Sasha seems to sense that more is changing than usual. She kept laying down in our laps wanting scratches. We are very interested to see how she reacts when we bring Emma home, but we both think she will be very jumpy and sniffy, but sweet and not bark at her new "sister".

No comments:

Post a Comment