Thursday, January 17, 2019

Christmas with the Grandparents

   At the beginning of December Michael's parents came down for a few days and helped us pick out our Christmas tree for the year. You can see the Canon pictures of that here <<-- link, but also I have been meaning to post some pictures that I took on my phone from their visit, so here you go!
Some of the other Christmas decorations Michael put up:
 He made this wreath himself- adding the Christmas pieces to the white roses we always have up!!
 A card I made for the shop owner and employee who let Michael's mom display the Christmas paintings she was making, in honor of Emma and her story.
 Once in a while, when I'm at work, Michael sends me a super cute picture like these two above.
 This Santa was amazing. He said his birth name is Jerry and before he became the Toy Boss he was an RN and an EMT, so he felt very comfortable around Emma. He even asked for her blog link. And when Michael was telling about her 3D airway splints, he knew who Doctor Green was!!!

   On Wednesday (yesterday), my parents came down and we had 2nd Christmas with them. I was planning to do Christmas with them in Gainesville on December 29th, but my nieces tend to get sick a lot since they are in daycare half of the time, and daycare is notorious for germs!! This is the main reason Emma hasn't been able to meet her cousins, Peyton and Helena, yet. Michael and I really want Emma's fistula to be completely healed before they meet her. The words of Dr. Green still ring in our ears when he told us last year in Michigan that if Emma got sick with a cold or virus while the fistula is still open, it could be deadly for her. So meeting the cousins (including Jordyn, James, Jeremy, Jackson, J5 and all her other baby friends aka my friends' kids ~ Luke, Logan, L3, Ashlyn, Wes, Reece & Baby Bear!!) will have to be another one of those things we use the "worth the wait" motto for a while longer.
   But we had a great time with my parents yesterday!
   We got a lot of great presents- including more Water Wipes for Emma. Yippee!! It's nice not having to buy those ourselves. And I really loved seeing my dad interact with Emma more, holding her for the first time, and be very interested in Michael explaining things about the trach to him. I'd really love to have all seven of us together for the holidays one year. Maybe we can all be together this summer for her 2nd birthday?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment