Sunday, August 7, 2022

Everything Else Right Now

   For the past week or so, I have been jotting down notes for this post with lots of random thoughts. That way I can tell you all of the things Emma can do now, and minor doctor appointments we have been to, that I haven't mentioned in other posts. The information might get a bit all over the place, but I'll try to keep it as organized as possible.

  Starting with the doctor appointments: We took her to a six month eye check up July 19th, and he said everything looked good. We were only there for 20 minutes, from checking in to leaving with our next scheduled appointment. I did not take any photos there, however, I was thinking about how I never posted (or even talked about?) her getting an updated glasses prescription, so we were able to pick out new frames. We didn't change much, just went from the light pink to light purple, so the change wasn't too noticeable, but they are one smidge size bigger. The glasses arrived in February between her two bronchoscopies that week. 

   I have been working on her a lot more since then about keeping her glasses on 95% of the time when she is awake now. On August 5th, I actually tracked the whole day of how many times I had to tell her to put her glasses back on, when she pushes them onto her forehead. That number was 21! Of those 21 times, there were also seven times when she completely took them off (sometimes throwing them across the room, and one time popping one of the lenses out) and I had her put them back on. At the end of July, Michael show her how to put them on "herself" by holding onto the sides, but we have to put the strap around the back of her head. She definitely caught on quick about the main part thought! I also documented on August 5th that one time I took her glasses off to do her hair and she reached for the glasses twice and handed them to me. I was surprised by that. But she really doesn't like getting her hair brushed, even when there aren't many snarles, so it could have been more of a, "I'll be good and put my glasses on, just please stop brushing my hair!" And three times that day I saw that her glasses were on the top of her head and she put them down without me having to ask. She has done that before. One day I tried putting a ton of clips in the headband part that Michael made, but I'm not sure how much that helped since she could still push them up.

   The following week, on July 28th, Emma had an Orthopedic appointment. There they got her height and weight checked, which I am always interested to see if it hadn't been checked in a while. It said her weight was still 20 pounds, which I was bummed about -she hadn't gained any weight- even though she's been on higher calorie formula (1.5 calories vs 1.2 calories per mL) most of the day since the beginning of June. Although the past times she was weighed she was wearing her splints and this time she wasn't. Not sure how much of a difference that would make. They aren't very heavy. On the plus side, her length was 29.9 inches (basically 30- which is double her birth length!) and the last I remember it being was 29 inches flat, but I don't know how long ago that was. All this physical therapy is giving her a growth spurt! :) 

   I talked to the Ortho doctor about how she still has some hyper-extension in her legs, meaning they can still bend the wrong way a little bit, but definitely not to the extent that they used to. But they have this ability even when she is wearing her "night time" splints, if she is crawling around or trying to reach something. He wasn't too worried about it. I was surprised that he didn't need to get updated Xrays of her legs, but we will be seeing Dr. Mackenzie again in October, when he comes back to the Nemours in Orlando, and we always get Xrays done there. (I took some photos without her splints on to show how far she is still able to bend her leg "backwards".)

With the original splints once the >> hip spica cast came off << in December 2021.

   In regards to Emma's 1.5 and 1.2 calorie formula, she is also getting a Vitamin D and Calcium supplement. She's been on the Vitamin D for maybe a year and a half, but the Calcium started a few months ago. We, of course, have to find capsules that can be opened with powder inside, which we mix into her formula. We quickly learned that the 1.5 formula is too thick for the powder to mix into. And unfortunately the Calcium is a bigger capsule and the whole thing has too much powder to mix and if we pour it into the bag anyway it clogs and won't go through the small feeding tube. So I started only putting only the smaller side's amount worth in. That mixes and doesn't have any problems getting through the bag. Emma drinks two cartons of the 1.5 formula per day and a 1.2 carton at night, with the vitamins. It sounds like she doesn't need too much extra Calcium because the dietician told us that the 1.2 carton already has 76% calcium and the 1.5 has 84% (or at least that's how much Emma gets on her serving sizes), but with her being in physical therapy, she does need as much bone growth and support as she can get!

   Emma doesn't have another Pulmonology appointment until next month, but in the Covid post, I recently mentioned that she switched her QVAR inhaler for Flovent. Michael started wondering if the QVAR is what slowly caused her left lung to collapse over time, and perhaps now the Flovent will slowly open it back up again, even if it does take another four years. In February, when Dr. Smithers in St. Petersburg did a brochoscopy and saw a piece of her 3D airway splint stuck or poking into her left lung. They debated trying to surgically remove it, but we decided against it. 

   Strangely, on July 26th, after five weeks of being on Flovent, somehow during trach care, a tiny piece of the 3D airway splint came up. She didn't even cough or anything! Michael was wiping Emma's neck/stoma area as usual and it just showed up on her chest. We both thought it was a piece of gauze, but he carefully picked it up with his gloves and examined it, then placed it in a small Ziplock bag. I suggested that we take her trach out for a few seconds to make sure no other splint pieces were stuck to it or at the top of her trachea that we could easily pick out, but there was nothing. Michael photo shopped two different pictures of where he thinks the piece might have fit in the whole original 3D splint when it was placed on December 27th, 2017.

   I asked Michael if he was going to contact Dr. Smithers or Emma's Pulmonology doctor to tell them about the splint piece coming up, but he said no. He said there is no point because there is nothing they would do about it. I also wondered if when we go to the next Pulmonology appointment if Emma would get a chest Xray so we could see if her lung is opening up already, but Michael said unless the doctor hears a lot of air flowing through the left side (that was previously closed) they wouldn't put her through that radiation for nothing. Good point. 

   A few more lung notes before moving on to other subjects: Emma has been sprinting a lot, and telling us that she wants to sprint, by using the gesture of holding up her trach where it connects to the ventilator circuit. Last week I kept track of how many hours total she sprinted, as well as how many times she asked to sprint, but I had to say No because it was time for her treatments (she has to be hooked up for that) or it was time for bed, etc. So here is my following data:

  > Monday- Emma sprinted a total of 4 hours and 35 minutes, I had to say No eight times. Mostly because she was up late and kept wanting to sprint after midnight.
  > Tuesday- Sprinted 5 hours and 30 minutes!! Didn't have to say No any times. :)
  > Wednesday- Sprinted 2 hours and 20 minutes, must have been tired from yesterday. No "No's".
  > Thursday- Emma was off the ventilator for a total of 4 hours and 25 minutes today. ^^
  > Friday- Emma sprinted for a total of 6 hours and 5 minutes throughout the day!! Whoa, baby!! Before trach care at night was the only time Michael told her No to sprinting because it was right after she had been asked to be plugged in again. She has been doing that a lot, as if she just needs a quick two-minute ventilator boost before she's ready to breathe on her own again.
  > Saturday-We did a photo shoot in the middle of the day, which I will post about next week, and since it was so hot outside, even in the shade, we kept giving her "breathing breaks", but overall during the day, she sprinted 4 hours and 30 minutes. Two times at home we had to say No.
  > Sunday- Emma breathed on her own for 4 and 1/2 hours. We didn't have to tell her No.

   Here are two photos that show how Emma tells us, without needing to use words, how she wants to sprint (holding up her trach) and when she wants/needs to be hooked back up again (crawling towards the ventilator circuit, and holding that up). Sometimes it's not on the ground, but over the ventilator or in the crib and she will scoot herself until she is right under the tubing, and repeatedly reach for it.

  I have probably mentioned (complained) before about how, since we moved to Sarasota, that the medical supply company here keeps telling us that "all of the trachs are on back order". According to Pulmonology, for health and safety reasons, we should be getting a new trach every two months. However, since October, we just got our first one in June. And we've had at least three or four of them break (from wear and tear) and Emma just broke another one a few weeks ago. I called the company last week and luckily the lady, Tanya, who I talk to every time, said she found one trach in the warehouse and that she was shipping it out to us that day! We got it on August 5th.

   At the end of every trach is a blue, or clear, pilot balloon which you fill with a small amount of air to inflate another balloon that would be inside of the child/person's airway. There is a very thin tube that attaches the pilot balloon to the outside of the trach and if that breaks, it basically makes the trach useless since then the balloon inside the airway can't be controlled. You can see in a lot of my pictures that Emma uses that pilot balloon as a pacifier, but she also stretches the very thin tube, sometimes all the way down to almost the floor and holds the pilot balloon with her toes! After repeatedly doing this for months, the very thin tube snaps. 

   So Michael finally decided that we should try to get Emma back on really pacifiers. So two weeks ago I picked a couple up at Walmart, along with those clips that attach to the kid's shirt so they can't throw the pacifier on the ground. Genius! Emma didn't really like it, but was trying to be nice for us and would put it in her mouth for half of a second before pushing it out with her tongue. In order for her to not use the pilot balloon to fall asleep that night, I wrapped it in Coban and tape. And boy, did that make her mad!! I figured she would cry about it for a few minutes and eventually fall asleep. I've seen her sleep sometimes without it. But nope, she was not having it. So the pacifier trial was a bust. Michael says the next time a pilot balloon breaks off, he is going to find a way to make a pacifier out of it and tie it to one of those shirt clips.  

You can see the real pacifier between her legs.

   One cute thing that she has done for a while- maybe a year? Is that when we take her foot probe off in the morning, that part of her foot is apparently itchy. That one little area does smell sweaty. So she will itch it for a while, and then one day after itching it, she stuck her foot out for me to itch it, so I did. Then after five seconds, she itched it herself again, then she pointed her leg at me again. That could go on for a good ten minutes if I let it, haha.


   Notice how she spreads her toes out? Haha! I guess her feet get sweaty easily or maybe she just doesn't like having anything on her feet since they were always bare for so long. We just started putting shoes on her more often maybe eight months ago? But whenever we go places, Michael always likes her wearing shoes and socks- specifically her unicorn Converse, which are sooo cute! She does look a lot more mature with them on. Babies have bare feet, not big girls. But she quickly takes them off in the car or the stroller. 

   I don't think I have every talked about Emma's name meaning, and also I wanted to rattle off all of Emma's nicknames. There are a lot! Haha. Although we didn't choose Emma's first or middle name because of the meanings, they are still nice. Emma is an English name with roots in an old Germanic word meaning "whole" or "universal". One of the reasons we liked the name Emma is because wasn't super common, but apparently is was the 3rd most popular name in 2017. So maybe when she's in school there will be lots of other Emma's? Number 9 on the boy list is one we were thinking about before we found out "Chip's" gender. You'll have to Google that to see what it is! (The 2017 lists I found are the same on two different websites.)

  So for her middle name, McKenzie, that is a Scottish name with Gaelic roots. It means "attractive" or "pleasant to look at". It can also mean "child of the wise leader" and "born of fire". These are so good considering we didn't look up the meanings! Whole & born of fire! After being told she would not be compatible with life. *KA-POW!*

  Now for all of the nicknames: I'll put asterisks after the ones that need a little explaining.
Emmalou, Emmylou, Emma Renee*, Lou, Louster, "The Louz", Baybins, Babyloos, Louzy Girl, Boo, Boozy Girl, Tim*, Ma'am (either after "yes, no, thank you".. if I'm being silly I'll say "No Ma'amzy"), Punk, Punkin, Punkin Pie, Silly Billy, My perfect girl, Sweetness, Stinky Face*, Stink, Crabbins, and Boogs*. Michael calls her Babe, Big Girl, and Booski. He told me, "No wonder she doesn't look at us when we call her by her actual name."

*Emma Renee = because of our dog, Sasha Renee (I usually sing this nickname)
*Tim = for Tiny Tim, because of her skinny legs since she had surgery in Delaware
*I Love You, Stinky Face is a cute book about a mom loving her son, no matter what he looked or smelled like, written by Lisa McCourt
*Boogs = Emma has her pinkies in her nose a lot these days

   I feel like when we call her Emma it's because she is in trouble. I did have to give her a serious, but polite (and quiet) talking to because she was really hyper and causing mischief at 1am (she took a long nap too late in the day). Here is something close to what I said, "Emma, listen to me please. I need you to stop doing that. I have asked you to stop ten times. That's a lot. When Mommy and Daddy ask you not to do something you need to be a good girl and listen to us. You are making me upset. Do you see Mommy's face? Mommy is not laughing right now. This is my serious face. (She was still laughing and not looking at me.) I love you very much and I don't want to be upset, but I'm very tired. It is time to go to bed now. It is really late. We need to take some breaths and calm down. You are very hyper and silly, which is fun during the day. But Mommy is really tired right now. It's time to sleep. Let's go to sleep." (The thing she was doing was slamming her ventilator tubing on the floor and when a certain piece hits the ground, it makes the alarms sound because it's not getting the air through properly. Sometimes she does that when she wants to sprint.)

   I was a little proud of myself because I was actually getting pretty crabby, but talking to her in that tone, and in that wording, kind of calmed me down too. And she did a good job of quieting down after that. She even gave me some kisses without me asking for them. :)  I was noticing today that I was calling her Emma a lot without really sounding like she was in trouble when I was asking her to put her glasses on 21 times. Although it wasn't my fun/silly voice, it wasn't an angry voice. "Hey, Emma.. Can you put your glasses on please? Emma.. Come on, glassies down. Thank you."

   One thing I have learned recently, or at least haven't posted about on here - I don't think- is that when Emma gets over heated, she gets a lot of bumps on her face. We were outside last week for about 40 minutes, taking Polaroid pictures, and I tried to keep her in the shade as much as possible, with the stroller cover over her. But the Florida heat and humidity are no joke! I had her swinging in the hammock, which she normally loves, but she didn't seem to be having a fun time, then I noticed how pink her face was getting. I poured some of my water in my hand and rubbed it over her face and arms, then power walked us home where I quickly took off all her clothes except her diaper and sat her in front of the fan. I even turned the oxygen on for a few minutes just to help her out with any breathing in case she needed it. She was not struggling at all, but I wanted to make sure she didn't.

   Here's all the extra fun stuff: All the new things Emma has started doing! I wouldn't even call it learning because a lot of this she just starts doing on her own and I have to text Michael right away about "her new thing". Since I just mentioned the kisses, I'll start with those. I can't remember how long that has been- at least a few months probably. At first it started with me asking for a kiss each time she wanted me to do something for her (sprinting, handing her anything that crinkled, sitting her at the music activity table, etc). I'd say "kiss first" and then a week later ask instead, "what do I get?" and she still knew to lean forward for a kiss. Now there are many times that she gives me a kiss when I'm not even expecting it and that is so nice! I wish she would also do hugs (she did for a few weeks about two years ago!), but I can't push it, right? 

   Because her mouth or jaw has grown different (I wish I had an Xray to post), her back teeth are normal/ aligned and can touch/ close normally, but the front top and bottoms have grown out. So when her mouth is closed, it's still not really closed. She has been doing a biting thing recently, which is interesting. Not when she has anything in her mouth, she just does it randomly. It is possible she will need jaw surgery at some point in the future. Or without surgery, she could learn to cut up her food into small bites and forever eat with her back teeth, never ripping a loaf of Panera's sourdough baguette with her front teeth. The point in saying this is that when she gives us kisses on the cheeks, since she can't close her mouth, also she can't pucker her lips, so her kisses are all teeth and slobber. But we wouldn't have it any other way! 

   This X-ray is NOT of Emma, it's actually an adult, but it was the closest I could find online to what Emma's teeth look like. According to the very little amount of information there is on Emma's genetic condition, Meier-Gorlin syndrome, it says "additional features can include a small mouth (microstomia) and an under developed lower jaw (micrognathia or mandibular hypoplasia)." But when I Google Image "micrognathia", that is not what Emma's jaw/mouth looks like. Michael assumes there is more than one version of it. In order to find the "right picture", I ended up having to search the words "open bite". See how the back teeth touch but the front ones don't? That's how Emma's are.

    As well as giving so many great "tooth kisses", we kind of taught Emma to fist bump. She started doing (soft) high fives last year, which I was excited about. And I was so happy to get a perfectly legit fist bump on video on June 30th, but since then she always "replies" to our balled fist by lightly tapping it with the back of her hand. Better than nothing. I'm surprised that she hasn't started waving yet. 

   Emma is able to slowly walk her hands back/out, all the way from a sitting position to laying on the floor. At first she would just lean back in kind of a relaxing way, like the picture shows below. But eventually she slowly moved her hands a little further out, then a little further, and a little more, and with a lot of core strength so she wouldn't fall, she gracefully made it to the ground without hitting her head. I think the first few times she did it, she was in her crib. Now we will tell her to lay back for diaper changes and so we can brush her teeth after trach care. Sometimes when she does it and she is on the hardwood floor, I put my hand behind her head and tell her, "You're doing great! Keep going. I got you. You won't hit your head."

   One day I took Emma outside, just for fun real quick, to get the mail or grab a small Amazon package. And since then, she has been telling me that she wants to go outside! I was very surprised by this. And by "telling me", I mean that once I am holding her (and she asks me to pick her up by lifting her arms), she reaches her arm out towards whatever direction or object she wants to go towards. She kept reaching out until we hit the front door and then she was trying to unlock the door and put her fingers in the crack where the door opens. So freaking smart! Sometimes I tell her we can't go outside at that time for whatever reason, but one evening Michael was home (although it was thundering and about to rain), so I walked the halls of the building with her. We went back and forth on each floor to see what different wreaths and door mats people had. The top floor had the prettiest abstract painting when you get off the elevator.

About to give me a kissy. :)

   When we got back inside, Emma was still sprinting. I took her in the bedroom because Michael and I were talking- probably about future house stuff, as always. ;) And she fell asleep on my lap, while sprinting. We watched her closely to make sure she was taking breaths the whole time. She was asleep while sprinting for at least 30 minutes! AND a couple nights ago, we did a trach change (take one out and put a clean one in), and her trach was out for probably a full minute and a half. Meaning it was ALL her!! She did so great- no struggling! There are no guarantees that she will one day be a part of the "Naked Neck Club" (that's what it's called when a trach kid gets decannulated), but maybe.

   Emma doesn't only use her own hand to reach out and get what she wants. She also started grabbing our hands to reach things that are farther away, so we can reach them for her. Once in a while she gets really lazy and makes me press a button on her music table to something that is right in front of her, so then I take her finger right back and make her press it, "You can totally reach that, woman."  Oh yeah, I guess "woman" is another nickname that I say a lot, haha. Not sure if that is really a nickname though, because I also say "girl" to her a lot, with a high school attitude voice. "Girl, tell me I did not just see you throw your glassies across the room again." 

   In the photo in the car below, she took my hand and put it up to her trach, wanting me to sprint her because I did not instantly comply, in her preferred five second time frame, when she first did the gesture herself.

   Oh, Michael told me a funny story about the glasses the other day. So first off- you need to know that in our one bedroom apartment, it kind of makes a circle. You can go from the kitchen to the living room then there's a door to our bedroom and then you can get into the bathroom, and then from the bathroom back into the kitchen. So Emma was sitting at her music table (in the picture above) and had her glasses on her head. Also, she was sprinting. He told her to put her glasses down, she looked at him and she did. But he said he kept watching her through the door crack and the second she thought he wasn't looking, she put them on her head again. "Hey!" he said as he popped back into the kitchen. She quickly put them back down. "Thank you." He went back into the bathroom. Less than a minute later he peeked at her from the bedroom door and saw her glasses were up again. "What did I say, young lady!?" She quickly pulled them down onto her nose again. "That's what I thought!" She huffed at him, and it was extra funny because when she is sprinting and exhales out of frustration it sounds like a cat hissing. (And me putting exclamations with his wording is him trying to surprise her, not him being mad.)

   After physical therapy a few days ago, we left Emma's KAFOs on, but about five minutes after we left the session, while we were driving home, Emma reached out for my hand, then put my hand on her shoe, meaning she wanted me to take it off. I took one shoe off, then put my hand back and waited for the next "direction". About a minute later, she asked for my hand and lifted her right leg and put my hand on her KAFO straps, so I undid the Velcro and slipped the brace off of her leg. I placed it on her lap and shortly after she gently handed it to me. I waited another minute and then she repeated these steps with the left leg. She pulled her socks off on her own and handed those to me as well. Then she was comfortable and content, and fell asleep right before we got off of the Interstate for our exit. She got a good two minutes of sleep in before we parked, but when Michael pulled her out of the car, he said, "Wow, Babe, did you have a good nap? I sure hope so! You were asleep for almost four hours!"

   One big thing that just started at the end of July, which probably could have started sooner, but I didn't give it a try before then.. Emma can put her shirts on almost all by herself now! I have to put it over the crown of her head, but she can pull it down the rest of the way. If she is connected to the ventilator then I have to disconnect it for a second and move the tubing from under the shirt to over, but Emma can get her arms through each arm hole and pull her shirt most of the way down! Sometimes she signs "all done" after one arm and wants me to pick her up, but I keep encouraging her saying, "You can do it. You did it yesterday, remember? Take your time. We're not in a rush." 

   Oh my goodness, and last night, she was putting her long sleeve pajamas on by herself. After she got each sleeve on, since they were too long -they went almost to her fingertips- she casually pulled them back until they were at her wrists, the way any adult would!! She did that on both sides. I did not teach her to do that! Gahh, my heart strings!! *Cue the cute aggression and heart palpitations*  :)

   Emma has been very helpful when it comes to putting on other pieces of clothing as well. Especially her pants, splints/ KAFOs, socks, and shoes. She is really good about lifting up the leg that we are trying to get the pants or splint into. And for the socks and shoes, she does so perfectly what I call her "ballet toes".   

   Another thing about clothes is that she definitely knows the difference between shirts and pajamas. Last week at 5:30pm, she got poop on her outfit (she's a gold digger), so I changed her diaper and threw her dirty clothes in the hamper. But since it was getting close to the evening I didn't want to put a whole new outfit on her, so I just grabbed some pajamas. Once she was dressed, I put her in the crib because it was also time for her treatment (the times get moved around now with all her sprinting) and her formula. I then also put her leg splints on. Emma then began to cry and kick. At first I was like, "What the heck? What's wrong?" And then I quickly realized. I was doing all of the things that I normally do when I am putting her to bed. She thinks I'm making her go to bed several hours early. She was having a fit, my goodness! I tried to explain to her that it was not bed time for many reasons- it was still light outside, Daddy wasn't home yet, and we hadn't done trach care. But she didn't care about that. She wanted to play! She is so obsessed with the Activity/ Music Table that she got for her birthday, so I pulled that over right next to her crib so the feeding tube would reach. Once I sat her on the stool, she wiped her tears away with both hands and pressed the yellow buttons so her favorite songs started playing. Sheesh!

Clearly this was not the "having a fit at 5:30pm" day. ^^
Watching Ashley Tisdale as Sharpay Evans in High School Musical 2
and then getting a picture "with her" at Target a couple days later!
(Yes, I do mention Ashley Tisdale every so often.)

   She also was not happy one morning when I sat her at the music table, but I left a basket of laundry on top of it. I wanted to see if she could figure out how to move it. All she had to do was shove it off. Even she underestimates how smart she is and how much she is capable of. But maybe we all do that to ourselves. I knelt behind her and put her hands on the basket and simply pushed it off the table. Problem solved!

   Something new and silly that she started doing recently is that when she is in her crib and we are suctioning her, she will grab a toy, so it can help with the suctioning (the pull back part). I started adding where the toy gives her kisses every time too. I prefer when she hands me the little toys. She has two (a frog and a lemur) that were actually dog toys from a Bark Box subscription, but Sasha doesn't care about dog toys. She only cares about the treats, going for walks, and napping as much as a cat. However, sometimes Emma will try to hand me the huge bunny or her washcloth. Or a heavy music book! I'm like, "Um, let's be realistic now." So sometimes I will purposely move the big objects away, and the soft, little toys close before suctioning her.

>> Two more notes before the last main part of the post:
  1. Emma now knows to purposely breathe weird in order to get our attention (especially in the morning when she is awake and we are still asleep- this is usually on the weekends, and once in a while on weekdays when she wakes up before me). Breathing weird continually sets off the "low peep" and "high pressure" alarms, so we come in to check on her and she immediately asks up to pick her up or tells us that she wants to sprint. Either one is so she can then play at her music table. She actually woke up crying at 5:30am (not sure why) and when I picked her up, she reached out for the music table, but I told her she had to wait at least three more hours and that "right now is sleeping time". She cried more about that, but eventually fell back asleep.
  2. When she hands us a toy to show that she doesn't want to play with it anymore, once she takes it, she still presses a few more buttons before signing "all done". As if she's like, "wait, wait, just a couple more." She really likes the Paw Patrol book that Michael got her for her birthday and sometimes she will hand that to me (while it's still open), so I take it, but then she keeps pressing a lot of buttons to the point that I just hand it back to her because clearly it's too much fun to let go of.

---

   Lastly, we have been going through her clothes lately, donating some of her smaller 18 month shirts, as well as ones that she has had for a couple years. Some of the collars barely fit over her head now, even when they are stretched out. I have been buying some new cute Cat & Jack shirts from Target. I also got her a school themed shirt from Carter's and two great motivational shirts from Etsy! I did a few cute photo shoots as a "goodbye" to the shirts, plus it's just fun to do little photo shoots with Emma around the apartment complex, and get outside. But not too long- don't want her to get those heat face bumps again!

  The first goodbye, was to this cute dinosaur shirt. If you want a sweet flashback, there are a bunch of pictures of her wearing this shirt >> in July 2020. We also gave away the rainbow Mickey shirt, which she is wearing in that same post, but I didn't take any recent photos of her wearing it. 

Portraying our favorite dinosaur, not on her shirt: the pterodactyl!

   On August 5th, I took Emmylouster Baybinkinspie outside so we could do two more quick photo shoots- for a cute orange fox shirt and a maroon shirt with such a sweet saying, which I bought her two years ago as her Thanksgiving shirt. I was trying to find the blog link, but I keep forgetting that I never wrote a post about that year! Geez, and I looked so good then too! Guess I know what my next post is going to be.. For now, here is one photo of Emma wearing that shirt in November 2020, plus a bunch more "outside the apartment" photos from last week:


     > >  & the fox shirt:

   A cute old couple and their dog stood near the area we had just taken our pictures in that tiny "beach". I was going to sit Emma in those chairs, but they were muddy. And I really like the pictures we got a lot better. Nice how that works out, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment