Tuesday, November 12, 2019

First Real Pumpkin Patch

   This year I told Michael that I really wanted to try taking Emma to a pumpkin patch. Last year he didn't think her body and lungs would be strong enough to be around they hay or dirt or do well in the heat, so we made her a pumpkin patch in our living room. There was one in Clermont (at Southern Hills Farms) that a lot of people went to last year, so I said a good day to go would be Sunday, October 20th. I figured that would be a cooler weather day compared to two weeks before when I would be off from work again. That was a hilarious assumption since it never seems to get cold until mid December!
   But it all worked out and we had a great time! Or at least Emma and I did. Michael got really sweaty and burnt at the end when he was taking pictures of me and Emma in the flower fields, and then had to drink the rest of my water in the car, but I told him how much I appreciated the pictures. We were there for about two hours and the weather was pretty nice and breezy in the shade, but the sun really came out at the end which made it feel 20 degrees hotter. The wagon made it easier compared to pulling Emma through the dirt areas in her stroller, but he said it still had a lot of resistance. Go muscles!
   We got a really nice couple to take a few family photos for us, and then I took some of them. Their six month old son was dressed up like a Ninja Turtle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment