Saturday, November 16, 2019

Wagon Rides

   I haven't really talked about the wagon too much, except for mentioning it here are there. I am very happy that Emma has a wagon because any time she is able to get out of the house and have fresh air on her skin, is great for her! One day (September 26th) of wagon riding was so especially great that I ended up taking her out twice. Once in the afternoon -- after lathering her up with baby sunscreen -- and again in the evening when it wasn't 91 degrees, and had cooled down to a lovely 88, ha! Emma got to experience a couple new firsts, including running through the sprinklers (when the ventilator was not attached*) and seeing her first cat! She seemed pretty interested by it.
   *Although there were no issues when we did the two loops around our small neighborhood, I have continued bringing the ventilator with us every other time, just incase there is an issue and Emma is having trouble breathing on her own and needs to be hooked back up way faster than the time it would take me to get her back into the house.
A couple days later we went on the next walk and the same kitty was following us. This is another reason why I love what I consider to be the "good" Daylight Savings, where it doesn't get dark until 7:30 or 8pm, because it gives us more opportunities to go for wagon rides. The schedules don't work out as much when it gets dark at 5 or 5:30pm because sometimes Emma doesn't take her nap until 4pm. 
     ^^ We were out late past sunset making an extra two unplanned loops around the neighborhood because someone thought it would be hilarious to throw her slobby rag out of the wagon when Mommy wasn't looking. I saw her holding it at one point and said, "You better hold on to that. Don't throw it on the ground." Obviously that meant nothing to her, haha. I assume a squirrel or bird snatched it up super quick to create a luxury nest because I looked on both sides of the road and didn't find it.

   Here are some older (mostly unedited) photos from May or June, back when Michael was shaving his beard. I prefer when he has the beard, but that's because he has kept his facial hair that way for 95% of the ten years that I have known him. Plus I think it really looks good on him. These wagon photos show off more of how Michael modified it to fit Emma's medical needs.
   ^^ If you notice in the family photos above, taken by my friend/ our neighbor, Ashley (thank you!), you can see that I am wearing the medical backpack. However, a few days later, Michael figured out a way to attach it behind Emma's booster seat.
    Complete with a sun umbrella and all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment