Sunday, October 7, 2018

Trach-or-Treat, Part II

   Sometimes I can't help but laugh at how naive and positively hopeful I was last year, thinking Emma wouldn't be in the NICU for more than a month, and rereading last year's Trach-or Treat post of Emma dressed up in the hospital, at the end it mentions "she might be able to walk by next October!" Aaaaahaha Hahahahaha... Good one, Rachel... How about we set that goal for October 2020 just to be safe. But I hope in two years I'm not laughing at my current hopeful goals. Oh gosh!
  As you can see in last year's Halloween dress up pictures, Emma got to play as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I have another "surprise" photo shoot planned with Emma for two weeks from now where Michael will do my (our) make up, but definitely wanted to get updated Dorothy and Hermione pictures of Emma. Partly because of how cute she looks and to compare her size to last year. She has doubled in weight and grown at least four inches since then.
   Set prep!! Michael got our Fall/Halloween decorations down from the attic in the garage yesterday, but I had another bin of mixed holiday decor in my scrapbook room- enough to use for photo shoot props on Tuesday and Friday.  I was happily surprised that the Dorothy dress my mom made for Emma last year still fit this year. Or at least it looks like it fits when she is sitting up. No so much while laying down, haha. It proves she is a healthy, growing girl!!
   I also got pictures of Emma wearing the pumpkin hat that my mom got her last year. She didn't like it being on at first, but was fine after about 3 seconds. I mainly posted that picture to show that although she has amazing smiles, she cries like a regular baby too. She definitely looks bigger than she did last year!! Emma has been such a trooper with photo shoots this week. :)
   We won't be able to partake in Halloween festivities this year since I work on the 31st and, as I mentioned in the previous post, Emma doesn't do well in the heat. Although we are in Fall and my best friend is already experiencing winter weather in Denver, summer is still alive and strong in Orlando and usually lasts until after Christmas. I'm currently schedule to work next Halloween too, but we'll have one less reason for not being able to take Emma places around town in January and February!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment