Sunday, October 21, 2018

October Visitors

   This post will be half fun information and half photo dump! Like I said in the last post, one great thing about having this blog is to store all my photos. And I get so many good ones each week! First a few pretty pictures from September 26th, modeling her unicorn and lace "shoes" that she got from Grammy for her birthday:
   Michael's mom and younger brother, Parker, visited at the very beginning of the month to celebrate Michael's 30th birthday a little bit early. Michael spent a lot of one day working on a new project related to Emma's medical equipment while I watched the first three episodes of Rookie Blue with Parker. We attempted to go to Olive Garden one night, and even gave Emma her treatment early (around 5pm) so she would be happy and feeling good at the restaurant, but once we got her in the car she was having a lot of tummy issues and was crying out loud and requiring a full liter of oxygen for about 5 minutes which is not normal for her. So we turned back and shortly after we got back home Michael's mom and brother got the meals to-go!
  Michael's birthday is October 12th -- and this year he turned 30!! -- but since I was working that weekend we had a really nice Olive Garden date (his current favorite place to eat from) when I got home, eating dinner together in our dining room while Emma slept in the living room. It was a really good conversation and then he opened his presents from me. He opened presents from his parents while his mom and brother were visiting. The main thing he really wanted and was excited to get was a Silhouette Cameo 3 vinyl cutting machine. He was also really happy to get some Forsners bits from Lowes and Season five of The 100, which we started watching together this weekend.
   Two days later, my cousin Jessica and Aunt Paula were in Orlando for a fun Disney and Universal weekend and had a couple hours to stop by. This was Jessica's first time seeing our house and both of their first time meeting Emma! She was sleeping when they arrived - they got to our house right as I got home from work, but they both wanted to hold her, which is super understandable. I knew that even though we'd move her from her swing to their arms, she would stay asleep - and she did for a while. :)
 Jessica has a handful of her own kids and this was her very first vacation without them! Aunt Paula also gave Emma a Glowworm, which she has enjoyed having at night, watching the face light up and play music to her before bed. A few days later, after Jessica flew back home, my mom and Aunt Paula stopped by again for a couple hours. The picture below looks like Emma is Kung Fu Fighting!! She loves playing with her suction catheter.
   Yesterday my friend Tonia drove up from Tampa. We don't talk very often, but I love how we have kept in contact and remained good friends, especially since we have known each other since 7th grade! She texted me last month asking when I would be available so she could visit. She was very understanding when I told her that we wanted to make sure that she wasn't sick (she has a 2 year old daughter, Ashlyn, in daycare). Tonia even brought us a bag of Ashlyn's clothes and I was able to keep a good amount of them. Tonia also visited me and Emma last October when she was still in the NICU.
  She was a little crabby in this white princess onezie. It was kind of tight on her for being a 6 month outfit, but I guess every company has their sizes in different sizes (if that makes sense). Michael even said it ripped when he took it off her later and I didn't even button it right behind her neck. It originally had long sleeves but I sometimes cut the long sleeves off because of how warm she gets, even inside with the fan on! At least I was able to get a few cute pictures of her wearing it.
   Lastly one of the many "sooo good" pictures she gave me on October 11th ~

No comments:

Post a Comment