Monday, October 29, 2018

We Are Grounders (Baby Edition)

   Michael and I started watching a post-apocalyptic show called The 100 a few years ago when he found the first season on Netflix. We are both into the "many years after Earth gets destroyed" kind of genre, not necessarily zombie related. The Walking Dead gave me nightmares so I stopped watching that a while ago! There are five seasons of The 100 out now and we just finished all of it so far, since Michael got the most recent season on DVD for his birthday. They start filming Season 6 next year. Anyway, a few years ago Michael took pictures of me in the woods dressed up as one of the characters in the Grounder/ Tree Crew category.
   And a year later for our Halloween party in 2016 Michael and I both dressed as Grounders. At the party Michael and I had known that I was pregnant again for a few days, but we hadn't told anyone yet. I wanted to so badly, but didn't announce it until a week or so later. But I liked the pictures that our friend Peter took of Michael and I in the kitchen. And two years later, I present Emmykru!!
  I just used some of my black eyeshadow for her face paint. She was laughing a lot while I put it on. To understand what she's supposed to be holding you'll just have to watch the episode called "The Dark Year" in Season 5. ;) And here are our pictures from Halloween 2016 in case you didn't click on the link above~

   We're not really doing anything for Halloween this year. I'll be working all day on Wednesday and I like that they let us dress up there, but they stopped having competitions because not enough people participate anymore. When I worked there in 2012 I won a $10 gift card for Best Makeup (done by Michael of course). I'm going to be a ghost this week so Michael will do my make up for work. I did have a plan to do a Mommy/daughter ghost photo shoot during my last weekend off, but ended up not feeling the best and canceled it. So maybe we'll both we ghosts again next year! The dress I got her will definitely still fit her then as I got in a big size so it would be long and flowy on her. Not throwing any parties this year through since we are weary of too many people being around Emma at once.
   A couple weeks ago I took Canon photos of Emma surrounded by Halloween decorations and posted those before decorating the house, but I also got my favorite pictures on my phone so I'll share those with you now. The first one is my ultimate favorite Halloween photo of her probably because she is smiling so big!) although she did a fantastic job playing dress up and her sitting up/ balancing skills have definitely shown improvement since the beginning of the month!
   Today she was only leaning slightly for a short time and then was able to counter balance herself so she stayed upright. The physical therapy she has been getting once a week for 30 minutes (plus our own practice sitting up and balancing with her) has definitely helped since the end of August!! Now we just need Speech so she can learn to swallow because she is constantly drooling which is difficult to do these photo shoots because before each photo I have to wipe or suction her mouth again. First world problems for sure, but still important. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment