Saturday, December 1, 2018

Cracker Christmas

   Today we took Emma to Cracker Christmas, which was like a pioneer craft festival at Fort Christmas. It did have less Christmas stuff than I was imagining, including how we did not see Santa or Mrs. Claus. I am pretty sure I read something about them being there the last time I looked it up a couple years ago, but some of the vendors were selling Christmas related items and decor. I also wish that the cabins people could go in to and look around had wheelchair/ stroller ramps, but only one did and you couldn't even go inside that one. I'll have to go back another day they are open.
 Emma singing the Christmas song, "Do you hear what I hear?" :)
   Another concern we had to think about before coming here, was How hard would her stroller be to push through the grass? Michael practiced a little bit when we walked on a trail a couple weeks ago. He said parts of the grass were a little harder, but around the vendors where everyone was walking, it looked like no problem since the ground was harder and there was less grass. There were some sidewalks or gravel roads we used. Michael prefers to push the stroller, and I like to take the pictures.
  Wardrobe change! It was 77 degrees when we got there (we had been checking the weather for a week to make sure it would be cool enough for her), so I brought a short sleeve onesie incase the sweater got too warm for her. She seemed happier and more comfortable in the Christmas Harry Potter themed onesie. By the way, that is a 6 month size that she got from her Uncle Christopher and Aunt Meredith last December when she actually was 6 months old, but it wasn't until now, almost a year later, that it really fits her! :)
   The gray sweater she had on before has a fox on it. It's something I bought for her before we knew the gender, and it was in the boy section, but it's so hard not to buy baby clothes for your first (and only) baby! I felt like it was gender neutral. She rocked it the first half of the day!! I paired it with a blue, red, and white skirt. I'll put that outfit on her again sometime this winter.
   While I was in line to get a funnel cake I looked over to where Michael and Emma were (on the right side of the picture) and loved that he had taken her out of the stroller so she could see the Indian dances. It was sooo cute to see her little arm on his shoulder. He said she seemed very interested and kept watching them. She probably liked the bright colors of their outfits.
   While we were stopped a few times (Michael and Emma waited while I went into various tents to look at soaps and Christmas decorations) some adults came over and commented on how cute and precious Emma is. *Truth! Some people asked how old she is or what her name is before moving along. One older woman asked, "Is she okay?" and we don't mind questions like that. I said, "Yep, the trach is to help her breathe, but she's really good. She was in the hospital for almost 11 months, but now she has been home for 7 and she's doing great!"
   Before we left I was texting one of my co-workers, Jennifer, who said she was going to be there too with her husband, and I really wanted her to meet Emma. I want all of my co-workers to meet her, but the schedules don't work out as easily. Luckily, they arrived shortly before we were about to leave and we were able to talk for a while. I was glad that Emma stayed awake the whole time we were there -about 3 hours!- so Jennifer was able to see her awake. Over the summer another co-worker, Denise, was able to come to our house and meet Emma before she moved to New York, but Emma was asleep the whole time then.
    Overall it was a very nice day and we are so proud of Emma for doing so well. Also I'm glad it didn't rain, but it stayed mostly overcast. My friend, Alana, reminded me that this was Emma's first big outing since the Little People of America fun in July! (Not counting a couple times she has been at a restaurant.) Jennifer took these nice family photos for us on my phone before we left! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Love the pics and that we got to see you guys and meet Miss Emma! It was such a beautiful day!! So glad you guys got to enjoy it! The funnel cake was awesome, too!! ��

    ReplyDelete