Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Family Weekend Date

   I had this past 3-day weekend off which was nice because we got to spend more family tome together. At home a decent amount of time is still spent watching TV (shows we have on DVD since we don't have cable or Netflix Streaming). On Friday it was cold in the house so I dressed Emma up with kitty socks and a bear hat. We decided that hats aren't really her thing, haha. We love putting her hair in a top ponyloop with a bow! By Noon on Friday, Michael noticed that the heater stopped working, but when the weather warmed up, so did the house, and then the AC wasn't working either. He called to get it fixed but they weren't available to check it out until Monday. Side note~ this I Love Mommy shirt is the first outfit we bought her and we used it as our pregnancy announcement to Michael's parents in November 2016. Friday was her first time wearing it (a 3 month size, I think).
 Playing with sodium chloride bullets & look at that fluffy hair after a bath the night before!!
   As the house continued to get warmer (it was about 77 on Saturday and 81 by Sunday night!! Michael likes to keep it at 73*), we kept Emma in just her diaper and had the oscillating Honeywell fan blowing on her and she seemed comfortable. With Emma's feet being sweaty it was hard to keep her foot probe stuck on so the monitor would pick up her saturation and heart rate, but luckily at night she fell asleep quickly and wasn't moving her legs around so it stayed on all night without alarming.

   Sunday was our Christmas errand day- specifically looking for a certain item for my Secret Santa recipient at work. Michael is helping me with the main gift, so we went into a bunch of stores, and then he suggested going to get pizza in Winter Garden! Emma's pediatrician really wants Michael and I to go on more dates together (while someone babysits Emma) but we really like having her with us and when she was in her stroller that still gave Michael and I mostly 1-on-1 time. When our food arrived Emma started squirming in her seat, so Michael took her out and held her while he ate. I had already eaten some of my pizza so I asked him a couple times if he wanted me to hold her, but he kept saying no. Before we left an older man came up to us and said, "I didn't mean to be watching you, but you are the most attentive parent I have seen." Michael had been playing with Emma and tickling her while she sat in his lap. The man said Emma was precious before going back to the table with his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment