Monday, November 12, 2018

Bedroom Swap

 On September 25th, Michael asked if I was okay with switching everything from Emma's room into my scrapbook room, which is the biggest of the other three rooms (not counting our bedroom which is the biggest). I picked the smallest room for the baby because the baby takes up less room.. you know, unless you later find out that she has many medical needs and requires a ton of medical equipment and supplies. But we didn't know that when we got her room ready four months before her due date! I said I was fine with the switch so he planned on doing it the following week when his brother, Parker, was visiting since he said he would need help taking apart the crib and moving the dresser. But when I got home from work it was already done! That same day!!
   Michael used his Silhouette Cameo cutter to print out the "Emikru" letters. That is a reference/ name we made up from the TV show The 100.  Last month Michael bought all the letters of her name with another project in mind. Originally he had painted the wood dark with some blue over it and white letters, which did look great, but with the coral wall I suggested gold over white instead and he agrees that it looks pretty that way.
 Michael added the three wire shelves in the middle that were not there before. I think he organized everything very nicely and still left the ever so important area for hanging cute outfits. :)
   Boxes of medicines related to breathing treatments that she gets twice a day. Two weeks ago I was on the phone for over an hour each day, going back and forth between calling the pharmacy, the doctors, and my insurance company before it finally worked out that we were able to get those Sodium Chloride bullets (red boxes) and QVAR in the quantity and specific kind that we needed.
 The room already had a fan (only), but Michael replaced it with a newer one that had lights attached.
   We still have a bunch of her stuff in other rooms. I got upset the other night that the whole point of switching her rooms was so we could put everything in her big room, but then her room would look junky instead of just keeping it in our other rooms which are already kind of junky. See below: a big bin of clothes that I got from other people in my scrapbook room. The clothes from my nieces are already in the bin, the clothes on top are from my friend Tonia's daughter and in the bag from my mom are Halloween outfits for Emma to wear next year. Emma is almost 17 months and still fitting in to 3-6 month clothes, so we have a whole bunch of 12 month and 18 month outfits that she might not fit into until she is 3 or 4 years old!
   The two pictures above are from Michael's make up FX/sewing room. You can see how he piled some of the things we kept next to his Star Wars costume helmets, after I sold a lot to Once Upon a Child, giving a bunch of unopened diapers to a girl at work that is 5 months pregnant, and donating a huge box to Salvation Army.
   Lastly are a few photos of pictures and such in my scrapbook room, which was Emma's room before. Michael originally talked about re-painting the rooms (Michael likes Emma's walls gray and I like my scrapbook room walls white), but ultimately decided against it because of the amount of time it would take, plus there would be nowhere to put all the stuff while each room is being painted. However, you can see that I have left up her birch trees and the cut out heart garland that I made for her still in this room. PS- I am super proud of the 1188 ounces (9 gallons!) of breast milk that I was able to donate to other NICU babies in Florida, which does not include however much Emma was able to use!
  Michael was also working on another project a couple months ago, and I was documenting that every few days to post later, but it ended up not working out. When we move Emma from her bedroom to the living room, it requires several trips back at forth just because she has so much stuff that she needs nearby- feeding pump, suction machine, caddy with sodium chloride bullets, pulse oximeter, and her rolling ventilator stand- so Michael built a "medical podium"that could hold all of it. It had wheels and a handle and a drawer to hide all of the cords. It was a really great idea, but when he put everything on it, it was too heavy (especially with the huge 5 AMP emergency battery) and was very difficult to move over the rug and on carpet. Plus when one of us is at work, the other person has to carry Emma and be able to pull the cart at the same time, since Emma is always attached to the ventilator.

1 comment:

  1. The purpose of Pulse Oximeter is to check how well your heart is pumping oxygen through your body. It may be used to monitor the health of individuals with any type of condition that can affect blood oxygen levels, especially while they're in the hospital. ... heart attack or heart failure. congenital heart defects.

    ReplyDelete