Friday, November 30, 2018

Sitting and Learning

    I don't have much to say about these photos -- they are just to show how well Emma is doing sitting up by being propped with her hands on my knees or Michael will let her hold on to his fingers while she is sitting up. A couple times I have her lean against the green desk (in the second photo) but it slides easily without weight to hold it down. These photos are a mix from October and November:
 Reading one of her baby Hello books (from Highlights monthly magazine) that Grammy got her a subscription for after she came home from the NICU. The photo below is the most recent from Monday. She was only holding on with her hands -- her back was not leaning against me.
 Just a cute one of her sleeping. :)
   In these next photos from Tuesday, she had started sitting up with her hands on my knees, but because she had bloomers on and the blanket was soft, the two made the floor slippery and she very slowly slid down into an almost flat position. When her chin was on my knees, I lowered her to the ground for Tummy Time. She does not normally like Tummy Time, although I did it the other day after this and she cried again, but tried to lift her head up and raised the right side of her body by pushing herself off the floor with her arm, which is the whole point of the exercise. However, when she slipped she didn't seem to mind being on her stomach, so we'll have to use those bloomers and blanket more!
 Sitting up for one second before falling back into Grace's arms during Monday Therapy! (Oct 29)
She is up to balancing for 2 to 3 seconds now.
   Emma has been doing a lot better sitting in the corner of the couch too. Before she would get fussy after five or ten minutes, or lose her balance and fall over onto a pillow, but a couple times in the past few weeks she has sat there perfectly fine for 45 minutes!! I try to get her off of the corner so she is sitting up and only leaning with her back. The picture of me and her is from November 24th.
 These pictures of when my mom and brother, Zach, visited are from October 24th, hence her Halloween shirt and one orange and black sock. I joked that my brother was wearing the same Snoopy shirt that he had on when he met Emma in the hospital last October.

No comments:

Post a Comment