Friday, November 30, 2018

Botanical Gardens in May

   A week after Emma was home from the hospital and was doing well, we wanted to take her out on a first adventure. I wanted to take her to the Harry P. Leu botanical gardens where I have been many times before. A place that is very special to me and Michael because that's where he proposed to me in September 2010. This day at the gardens with Emma was actually our 7 year wedding anniversary!! (May 7th, 2018)
   We learned this day that Emma doesn't do that well in the heat, but she did well for an hour before we left because her alarm kept going off and she was getting noticeably sweaty. She also seemed to be having issues on the car ride home, but Michael later said he thought it was because of her not being sat exactly right in the car seat/ bucket, so maybe her chin was pushing on the trach so she couldn't breathe as well as normal? Also because I think she needed a diaper change (twice) and because of the heat. I had the air conditioner blasting in the car on the way home, but it doesn't have vents in the back. That's on my "important list" for my next SUV.
   Lately we have loved seeing all the new stuff Emma has been learning, but then it's silly and crazy and sad to see how big she is getting - while still being half the size of an average sized kid her age. Like look at this little baby with her short hair and teeth that hadn't come in all the way yet, and now she hasn't even used a pacifier in over two months!!
 Never mind about the date -- according to my Instagram calendar tracker, we went to the gardens on May 9th, and for our anniversary two days earlier we celebrated by taking Emma to the pediatrician, then napping, ordering pizza, and watching The Office!

No comments:

Post a Comment