Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving at Home

    Today we are thankful for very many things, we even listed them out loud on our walk tonight, but we are most thankful and grateful and excited for Emma and how "healthy" she is and for her being home for Thanksgiving this year! Last year, she was 5 months old and still passing out a lot in the NICU, but her doctor and respiratory therapists were in the works of finding a more advanced hospital who had more experience in tracheobronchomalacia (TBM). It was the best news to hear when Michael called me about that-- he had stayed in Orlando and I spent Thanksgiving with my family in Gainesville. Now Emma has been out of the hospital for almost 7 months!!  :)
   Yesterday I drove up to Gainesville to be with my parents and brother for a few hours and go to Kanapaha Gardens while Michael stayed home with Emma and made all of our food for today. He is the better cook, although I did help my mom make sweet potato souffle at her house.
 We tried to get Emma to eat some sweet potatoes (just dipping her fingers in it) and it looked like she was trying to figure out, but she did not like the ham I gave her. She threw it on the floor. Ha!
 Emma says, "Eating dinner at the table together is the best!!"  :)   Mommy agrees.
 We went for a walk after dinner. The weather was cool and very nice.
   I love having family reunion types of Thanksgivings, but Michael requested this one to be "just the three of us" -with Sasha- since it was our first one with Emma being home. He said next year we will plan to have a "regular" Thanksgiving with my family and/or his family. I don't know if Emma will be more portable (without her ventilator) by next November? Maybe we can take her to Birmingham!!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment